Ideas to do at home.. the first ten!Back
Below is a list of some of the activities you might want to attempt with your families while you are social distancing. Some are aimed at adults, others are aimed at children but many are non-age specific!
1. Start a diary or blog. Younger children might enjoy creating a scrap book to record some of the craft activities they participate in while they are at home.
2. Read one of the books that is in the pile to read ‘when you have the time’.
3. Complete a puzzle: the more pieces the better.
4. Complete a word search or a crossword puzzle - make ones up for others to complete.
5. Dust off an old instrument and practice or maybe start learning a new one. (An up turned bucket or saucepan makes a great drum, or create a shaker using a recycled container and rice or pasta!)
6. Write a poem.
7. Watch a film.
8. Download Duolingo, or a similar app, and teach yourself a foreign language.
9. Meditate. Try lying down with your eyes closed, palms up and while focusing on your breath.
10. Have a skipping competition. Don’t panic if you don’t have ‘proper’ skipping rope - a piece of rope works just as effectively!