Our School Council
At Oldfield Park Infant school our School Council decided they wanted to be called School Helpers. We meet regularly to discuss different aspects of school life.
We meet with Mr Seatter, our Head of School and sometimes one of the governors of our school joins us for our meetings. Some of the things we have discussed recently include:
- Which charities we should support.
- We have helped lots of different charities such as The Royal United Hospital, The World Wildlife Fund, The RNLI, Bath Cats and Dogs Home and many more. This year we have chosen Bristol Children’s Hospital as they have helped children in our school.
- How we can help the school governors with decisions.
- We have helped to interview candidates who wanted to be our new Lunchtime Supervisor, Teaching Assistant or Teacher.
- Recently we went on a walk around the school looking for areas that needed repairing and letting the school governors and caretaker know about any areas that the adults don’t notice that are broken.
- We help to judge competitions
- The PTA ran a competition to see who could decorate the best pumpkin and we got to choose the winners from each class. It was really tricky because they were all very good.
Our school helpers this year are:
- Izzy and Sophie from Rabbit Class
- Ivor and Teddy from Squirrel Class