Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
Claiming Free School Meals (FSMs) and Pupil Premium
Although all children at OPI are entitled to Free School meals, it is important that parents/carers do check to see if they are eligible as it will enable OPI to access Pupil Premium for your child. To that end, the B&NES Free School Meals Eligibility Checking service has a Free School Meals web page on the B&NES website with a link to an online benefit related free school meal application form which can be found using the following link:
https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals and then navigate to 'Apply online for free school meals.'
Find below the Free School Meal application form (FSM22), which can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This message can also serve as a reminder to any of you that have had a change in circumstances, which now means you meet the qualification criteria for free school meals as detailed below, if you are receiving any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (i.e £616.67 pm), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (WITHOUT Working Tax Credit) and have an annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) below £16,190
- Run-on Working Tax Credit which is only paid for 4 weeks after you STOP qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under PartV1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Now may also be a good time to remind you that if your child lives out of county starting at your school, you will need to apply to B&NES for a benefit related free school meal, either via the link above or the paper form attached. This applies even if the child had a claim for free school meals at a previous school outside of B&NES - If the B&NES Free School Meals Team does not receive an application the child will not automatically appear on your school list as eligible and if there were to be vouchers in the future, not being on our/your list could cause problems.