Our School Council meets regularly to discuss different aspects of school life.
We meet with Peter George, our deputy head and Claire James, one of our governors often joins us for meetings too.
Some of the things we have discussed recently include :
Which charities we should support.
- We have helped Water Aid, Shelter, The Royal United Hospital and recently raised over £600 for the NSPCC. We sent 15 back packs to Mary’s Meals to help children in other parts of the world have the equipment they need to attend school.
How we can help the school governors with decisions.
- We helped to interview candidates who wanted to be our new Lunchtime Supervisor.
- These are the questions we asked :
- What would you do if a child dropped all their food?
- Can you keep order without being too bossy?
Our school holds the Children’s Society’s ‘Children’s Rights Silver Award’ and we are working towards the Gold Award. The award shows that children at Oldfield Park Infant School get the chance to make decisions and that their ideas and opinions are listened to by the grown ups.
Here are the minutes from our meetings.
Click here for minutes of meeting on 7th December 2012
Click here for minutes of meeting on 19th November 2012
Click here for minutes of meeting on 26th October 2012
Click here for minutes of meeting on 12th October 2012
Click here for minutes of meeting on 28th September 2012