"Who is this PTA?" you may ask. Membership of the PTA
is open to any person over the age of 18 years interested in furthering
its objectives. This, hopefully, includes you!
The PTA's purpose
is: 'to aid the education of pupils in the school by developing effective
relationships between staff, parents and others associated with the
school by engaging in activities and providing equipment which support
the school and the education of the pupils'.
"How?" you may wonder. Here are some ways:
It can help
* get involved in helping Oldfield Park Infants to get even better
* get to know each other & find out more how the school works
* fundraise for extra items or services
It can help
* reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school
It can help
* receive a richer education as a result of all of the above.
This page contains
useful information on:
* details of the latest fundraising
* ways to get involved, pass on ideas & generally assist
* Remind yourselves of key dates
* Download PTA meeting minutes & other information
* the purpose & role of the PTA
* links to other useful information
Please send any
comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a note into the office or (if you can see through the disguise)
collar a PTA committee person.
THE PTA ARE HOLDING A FUNDRAISING QUIZ NIGHT ON THE EVENING OF TUESDAY 5TH MARCH, 7.30PM AT THE SCHOOL.
PLEASE COME ALONG ENTERING A TEAM OF 4 PEOPLE AND SUPPORT THIS EVENT - TICKETS COST £3.00 IN ADVANCE (£4.00 ON THE NIGHT). THERE WILL BE A BAR AND PRIZES.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE SCHOOL - AT PICK UP TIME IN THE PLAYGROUND OR FROM THE OFFICE IF THE PTA ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
MANY THANKS 'THE PTA'
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for their generosity, effort and kindness over the last year.
We hope you all have a super summer and look forward to seeing you in September, fresh with ideas.
Newsletter March 2013 click here
Newsletter February 2013 click here
Christmas Fayre Newsletter 2012 click here
PTA AGM Minutes 2012 click here
PTA Summer Fayre Newsletter 2012 click here
Table Top Sale Letter March 2012 click here
PTA Bingo Letter February 2012 click here
PTA Christmas Newsletter click here
PTA Christmas Fayre Reminder click here
More information regarding the fayre click here.
More information regarding the Christmas Carols click here.
This section is
all about ways to get involved.
We all have something
(talent / hobby / contacts / time / bouncy castle / ideas / other things)
that can help.
If you can't make
it to PTA meetings, you can still send us your ideas & suggestions
for things we should be doing to make OPI a more fantastic place by:
* collaring one or other of the committee members
* drop a note off at the school
* write to the above address
* phone 01225 422 903 & leave a message
* email email@example.com
ideas? Money raising schemes? New kinds of stalls?
Thrilling entertainments? Let us have 'em!
here for the latest newsletter (February 2013)
The PTA minutes are posted onto the school notice board. The next meeting will be on Friday 18th November at 9.00 am in the main hall. Please try and make it if you can it would be lovely to see you all and hear your ideas. Younger children are welcome.
About the PTA
What an earth is this PTA thing all about & other questions you
were afraid to ask
* PTA stands for
Parent Teacher Association and is about parents & guardians working
together with teachers for the benefit of both the children and the
* The PTA is managed on your behalf by a small committee that is elected
annually by the parents.
* A PTA meeting is held every month or so where you can hear about forthcoming
events, volunteer help & put forward ideas for the next batch of
* The PTA organises fundraising events for all the children's benefit.
The money is spent by the school on things like equipment, services
& extra trips - things that otherwise would not happen.
* All parents and guardians of children attending the school and all
the teachers are members of the PTA.
* Without the ideas and active support of members, the fundraising will
dry up and the kids will miss out. Keep the ideas flowing & come
to as many of the meetings as you can.
* If you can't make the meetings, you can always pass on your ideas
to committee members who will put them forward on your behalf.
* The PTA is not scary. It is a bit of a laugh &, with all your
help, does some very good things to help make Oldfield Park Infants'
School an even better place for our kids to be.
The NCPTA provide
the informative "Welcome
to Your PTA - A Booklet for New Parents" as a guide for PTAs
to write their own booklet. We haven't yet prepared one so, in the meantime,
you may as well read this one! (It's an 81kb Word document by the way)
members & roles
[voted in 12th
Lisa Cotterell - chair
Kerry Hillier - vice chair
Rowena Walton - treasurer
Rick Le Coyte - secretary.
If you are interested
in becoming a committee member in any capacity, let one of the current
You can download it in Word doc format here: constitution.doc
school stuff - site with the lofty claim to offer "Everything
you need know about schools in Bath and North East Somerset".
www.ncpta.org.uk/ - The National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations (NCPTA)
(we're members). Site includes fundraising tips & "how to do"
things as well as explaining the ins-and-outs of PTAs.
Radiophonatron - If you've got a PC with speakers, you can make Doctor Who theme tune
type noises. Not really relevant but we're a bit short of handy links
& I like it anyway.
If you've got any
suggestions of sites to add, let us know.